Our fulsome food safety practices and processes are centrally managed by a national team along with regional Food Safety & Quality Assurance leaders who are embedded within each region. The team's responsibilities include:
- Supporting private brands, international and national supplier and vendor teams on food safety and supplier management programs.
- Implementing and verifying that food safety programs are in place across the enterprise.
- Providing training to our on-site staff and confirming compliance and best practices are in place at all locations.
- Managing the recall program including notification/support for our internal facilities and wholesale customers.
- Ensuring that every associate understands that Food Safety and Quality Assurance is a shared value and priority for the company.
We conduct internal audits of our food safety program to support compliance and to identify areas for improvement. Escalation processes are in place to ensure immediate follow-up during a crisis or incident involving a product.